Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beginning of a new dress


{the start of a new dress on her new dress form}



Heather has started a new formal dress...this one is for the Sweetheart dance in February. I love the bright, bold color of this fabric. The dress itself is simple, but I'm sure she'll jazz it up in some way. I mean, this is the girl who adorned her last dress with peacock feathers. She said something about gold, magenta and turquoise sequins...


The only problem (according to her) with the color choice is the question of what her date will wear so he will coordinate. After all, he must look good also. She's thinking a paler, more sublte version of orange with a white tie. "I know exactly what I'm going to do!" she exclaimed. "He can get a white tie and I'll sew a sequin design on it!"

Look out Vera Wang!

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the final dress! I can't sew and have so much respect for those who can actually make something - let alone a formal dress! I love the material and color to! Make sure you send me a link so I don't miss the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it!! The colors are fab. My senior year I wore a dress to our Valentine's Day dance almost that exact shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A budding designer! How cool. Can't wait to see the finished product, bling and all! And I want to see his tie, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I wish I had had at her age, the creativity and self-confidence that Heather seems to have. I love the fabric color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color! I hope you post a shot of the finished product...I'm sure it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just amazing! Her passion for her designing really shows through as well as her talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter has amazing talent!! Can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! Love the color... can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color! Can't wait to see the finished product. That shot looks like something that should be in a magazine. I love the wall color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think she made a great color choice and how wonderful to make something like this - I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color of you wall. Can't wait to see the dress. Wish I could sew

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so impressed. Please remember to show us the end product. Great shot for this week's theme.

    ReplyDelete