Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A little bit of an awesome moment

The circus came to town Monday. I (and hubby and Wendy) got up early and headed down to the local ball field parking lot where the circus was setting up. We watched them unload a few animals, including the Belgian horses.
At one point during the morning, as we were watching the big top go up, we could see they had let the horses run loose in a field behind the ball fields.
We were stationed at one of the entrances, away from where the rest of the crowd was watching. (It was a better vantage point for pictures.) While I was shooting away, Ernie says, "Here come the horses." I turn around and see 4 Belgian horses galloping straight for us! First, I pulled Wendy up from where she was sitting in the grass, (didn't want her to get trampled!) then watched as the horses stopped for a bite of grass.


(I wonder what the people driving by were thinking!)

The horses stopped for just a minute though, I think they must have gotten spooked by either the cars on the bridge, or maybe it was me standing there with a strange object that made clicking noises pointed at them! :) Whatever is was, they turned and galloped off.

If we had stayed with the crowd, we would have missed this experience. I'm so thankful I was there to see these amazing, beautiful animals up close and in MOTION.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous, incredible creatures! Lovely and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! It sounds like a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots! I will have to show DD tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those horses are are amazing...I love the great color in your shots...truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that last shot - beautiful horses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful horse shots!! I love the movement in the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I would have loved to have seen that! I LOVE horses... they are just SO majestic and graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My DD would have loved to see them in person. I love that last shot - I can hear the galloping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picture of the horses! Great shot.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete